There are many ways in which you can support our work. Donations
are always needed to boost the Trusts funds and to help fund our clinic, training centre and hadana and to supply food parcels and clothing to needy families. If we are to complete our projects we need your help. Please see our Donations
Page for ways that you can donate funds to Little Stars.
1. Do you have any Egyptian or other foreign currency left over from a holiday that is just gathering dust somewhere? No matter how small the notes we can put them to good use on your behalf. Just pop them in an envelope and send them to our registered office. We will send you a receipt if you require one.
2. Are you thinking of completing a sponsored event? You can make your own sponsorship page on Just Giving and keep people informed of your progress while collecting funds to help Little Stars.
3. Little Stars is also registered with Mission Fish which is the charity arm of Ebay. If you are an Ebay seller, it is possible to donate a percentage of the proceeds of a sale directly to Little Stars. A lot of Egyptian goods are offered for sale through this Internet auction site and if only a small proportion of it came to Little Stars it would make a real difference to the lives of many.
4. Another simple way to support us is through your Internet Shopping. You can support Little Stars for free when shopping online with over 600 popular retailers, including Argos, Tesco, NEXT, M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, HMV, Vodafone, DELL, The Body Shop©, PLAY.com, Interflora, Comet and many more. Little Stars has joined the Easy Fund Raising Organisation which has been set up to help charities raise funds.
5. You can also raise funds for Little Stars when you search the Web with Easysearch - the best results from Yahoo!, Windows MSN Live Search and Ask.com in one simple search.
you visit Luxor, you could leave behind the things
that you no longer need or which are not really worth
taking home when your bags are full of souvenirs. Excess baggage is expensive so dump your unwanted items with us. Any toiletries, spare clothing, shoes,
or books that you can leave with us will
all be distributed and used. If you contact
us we will collect them from your hotel or they
can be left at the Clinic on the west bank or at the Lantern Restaurant.
way to help kids in Egypt would be to collect childrens
clothes or any of the items on our wish
list in your home country and bring them out to
Luxor when you visit or send them to us in the UK and we will include the items in our next shipment to Luxor.
8. Alternatively you could become a regular donor of any amount no matter how small and help us care for children and needy families. Details of our bank account are given on our donations page.
9. If you are making a Will then please think of the children in Luxor who might be able to benefit from a legacy however small it might be. Several people have asked us for the charity's details so that this can be done. Little Stars is easily identifiable through its unique Charity Commission number of 1120536 and all other details are on this site.
10. We are receiving numerous requests from student nurses and dentists who need overseas experience. If you are in this situation and need work practice in Africa then please contact us. We are not always able to help and can only cater for individuals or very small groups. We have recently had problems with students who have changed their visiting dates without discussing the change with us. In this instance visits will be cancelled.
you have any questions or need further information
then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Your donations go a very long way - Update January 2013
£1 - will buy a child a pair of sandals, or sweets for 20 children, or 2 kgs of flour.
£5 - will buy clothes or shoes for a child, or a big warm blanket to protect a family against the cold winter night, or buy medicine for a sick child or pay the charge schools make for the use of books.
£15 - will replace a broken roof beam, or re-wire a one-room home to make it safe, or buy a cotton mattress for a bench bed, or buy fruit juice for all the children at the clinic for 3 days, or buy dried milk for a hungry baby, or sponsor a family for one month.
£20 - will buy a ceiling fan to cool sleeping children in the heat of the summer, or buy a small sink and tiles to keep mud walls dry, or buy 10 coats from UK charity shops to be taken to Egypt. It would also buy a nourishing meal for every child in the nursery school for one day.
£25 - will buy a locally made single bed to get small children off the floor and away from vermin, or pay school fees and buy a school uniform for a child in our nursery school or will buy a standing frame for the clinic.
£40 - will buy a sewing machine for the Training Centre providing a widow with the means to earn a living: or buy a double bed where several children can sleep, or will pay for the installation of a water meter in a home where water is possible .
£50 - will rewire a small home to make it safe, will buy equipment for the new Training Centre, or will pay the wages of an experienced teacher for a month. It is also sufficient to pay for the materials and labour to lay a cement floor in one room of a mud brick house.
£60 - will buy a new wheelchair.
£75 - will pay for the installation of a basic toilet in a home without sanitation, or put a complete new roof on one room of a mud brick home, or buy an ultrasound massager for the clinic for home use or will buy a new cooker with its gas bottle and all fittings.
£100 - will pay for a doctor for one month, or buy 40 gelabyyas or 150 pairs of sandals.
£120 - or will buy a new fridge to keep food safe where there are small children..
£150 - will pay for a Dentist for one month.
£200 - will pay the rent on the hadana for one month.
£500 - would pay for a septic tank, ceramics and piping for the installation of one basic 'public' toilet in Haja Marise.
£750 - will pay Little Stars' entire staff wages bill for one month.
£1,000 - will buy 600 blankets to be distributed in the winter month, or can be put towards a project of your choice.
£1,500 - will completely rebuild a collapsed house, fit a roof on it, adding a floor and installing electricity.
£2,500 - will pay the entire running costs of the Distribution Centre for a whole year.
£5,000 - would allow us to develop a mother and baby clinic.
£10,000 - would pay for a second hand truck we need to get around the villages or would buy all of the food that we distribute throughout the year, or would complete a bath house and nursery school building at Haja Marise.
£15,000 - would pay buy a mini bus to transport the children to the clinic and the nursery school.
£20,000 - would allow us to start on the Drop-In Centre for Street Children on the East Bank.
you can give and whatever help you can offer, it will
be gratefully received.
would be very grateful to WebMasters placing a link
to our web site and we will reciprocate where possible. Thank you.